- Represents the company on a rig site to support the safe and efficient execution of well plans.
- Works as the primary contact for rig and third party personnel to ensure logistics for personnel, equipment and services are appropriately organized and managed.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for communicating expectations regarding safety, security, health, and environment; provides guidance and supports managing Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) events.
- Responsible for communicating Operations Integrity Management Systems (Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) ) expectations on the rig site.
- Monitors rig operations to provide feedback and input to the rig contractor to ensure well control procedures are properly followed and emergency situations are appropriately managed.
- Responsible for ensuring that safety, operational, environmental, security and other drills are conducted on site at specified frequencies.
- Responsible for ensuring drilling and completion procedures are followed as approved and utilizes management of change processes if changes are required • Orders and organizes logistics for services and equipment necessary to conduct drilling and completion operations efficiently.
- Supports onsite surveillance requirements for the operation in areas such as kick detection, abnormal pressure detection, torque & drag, mud properties, and solids control efficiency.
- Responsible for generation of accurate and adequate operations reports.
- Interfaces with engineering and geology to ensure understanding of well objectives and procedural requirements.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in rig supervisory or rig leadership roles for drilling and completion operations.
- Experience working for a major Operator or Drilling Contractor.
- Hold current certification for Well Control.
- Prior experience working for a major Operator or Drilling Contractor.
- Hold current certification for Well Control