Mechanical Technician II
Technicians are assigned to carry out maintenance work. This can either be an ExxonMobil (XOM) employee or a contractor resource. Typically reports to a supervisor.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists mechanical engineers in the planning and testing of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery, such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc.
- Helps prepare proposals and cost estimates.
- Actively participate in the use of all on the job safety tools.
- Review job packs
- Identify any safety issues associated with job end ensure removal/mitigation prior to working
- Execute work as planned
- Record technical history as required by workgroup. (Global Reliability Tool (GRT), data sheet, etc.)
- Provide feedback on job pack improvements to Execution FL
- Request permits and notify the Supervisor if a permit cannot be issued within 30 minutes of the requested time
- Discipline-appropriate certification(s) if applicable or equivalent professional experience
- Strong communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps
- Team Player; exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs