- Ensure that safety aspects in general (Health, Safety and Environment) ,Technological Risks (Safety
Engineering), and in particular with respect to the safety issues of the EGINA FPSO design, in the FEED and
Detailed Design Engineering phase of the PREOWEI development are fully covered and addressed according
to COMPANY general specification and requirements.
- Ensure the adequacy of the PREOWEI contractor’s design, in compliance with regulations, reference
documents and best practices, of the Project HSE plan throughout the remaining Project activities, namely:
FEED, detailed engineering, construction, installation, hook-up commissioning and start-up.
- Provide comments on technical documentation from engineering contractors and vendors related to Safety &
Fire Fighting systems, marine life saving & rescue equipment. More specifically:
- Review of safety deliverables: Safety Philosophies, Safety Specifications and Datasheets, Hazardous Area
Classifications, SCE and Performance Standards.
- Review Safety Equipment layouts, F&G Detector layouts, PFP drawings.
- Check relevant sizing / calculations notes of safety equipment / Firefighting systems.
- Review of safety studies such as Fire Risk Assessment, CFD Explosion Risk Assessment, Flare & Vent
Dispersion and Radiation Study, CFD Exhaust Gas Dispersion Study, Safety Distances Calcs, Dropped Object
Studies, Ship Collision Study, Escape & Evacuation & Rescue Analysis, Ergonomics Study, Health Risk
Assessment, F&G Mapping Study, RAM / FMECA, Noise & Vibration Study, SIL Determination, Verification &
Validation, Technological Risk Assessment, Quantitative Risk Assessment etc.
- Ensuring that safety engineering documentation, requisitions for procurement and suppliers bids evaluation are
fully compliant with Design Dossier major documentation (safety concept, PIDs, ESD logic, safety
diagrams….etc) and with Company General specifications.
- Review other disciplines documents requiring safety engineering inputs.Participate in HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SIL,
HIPPS and TRA workshops etc.
- Follow-up day-to-day progress of safety engineering activities (including recommendations and action from
various safety studies) from FEED, detailed engineering through to field start up using Contractor tracking
register, and Synergi.
- Provide technical answers to technical queries related to safety engineering issues.
- Ensuring close coordination with other disciplines (in particular process, control / instrumentation, Electrical as
well as Subsea SURF and SPS etc.) to avoid discrepancies and documentation recycling.
- Liaising with COMPANY ONETECH HQ Specialists, COMPANY specialists or third parties, when required, for
safety engineering topics
- Ensure that relevant feedback/REX from previous Projects are considered in the design performance .
- Be proactive and work directly with Contractors to avoid elongated document revision cycles.
- For safety engineering discipline, ensuring full and efficient coordination with Field Operations during
development of PREOWEI design, construction, and commissioning with target of efficient startup / hand over
to Operation (including preparation and performing of training to operators as necessary).
- Following up recommendation from HAZIDs, HAZOPs, PTRs and other safety review workshops.
- Prepare and update PREOWEI Safety Concept
- Prepare PREOWEI Design Safety Case
- Collaborate with the technical packages and Contract team to ensure that EPSCC Contract Exhibits include all
necessary requirements related to safety engineering design, as regards all Preowei Equipment systems.
- Assist in preparation of relevant elements of Invitation to Tender and Technical evaluation criteria.
- Advise on all non-compliance, risks, inconsistencies in the contractors’ submission relating to safety
- Assist in answering / closing Contractors’ technical clarifications/qualifications relating to safety engineering
- Assist in performing technical evaluation of Contractors’ EPSCC offer submissions relating to safety
- Ensure that regulatory requirements are met and no activity is undertaken without statutory permits/approval.
- Participate and assess the tests related to FAT, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the Safety & Fire
- Any other work of a similar nature as may be requested by COMPANY.
- The candidate shall have minimum 7 years cognate experience with B.Eng qualification or equivalent in Safety
Engineering and Loss Prevention.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry or construction, commissioning and operation of major projects.
- Extensive experience in Safety Engineering/ Loss prevention
- Good knowledge of industry codes, standards and legislations on HSES aspects.
- Familiar with COMPANY GS and applicable rules.
- Fluent in English language.
- Computer literate.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment
- Good analytical skill