IT Support Specialist
Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Provide first- and second-line (Installations, Moves, Additions, Changes and Deletions requests) IMACD) support to Project team members on the project
- Keep a record and manage project IT Asset
- Assist to implement the project IT/telecoms plan.
- Assist in inspecting telecom systems installations on the field, covering the following systems: Tetra Radio System, Public Access System, Electronic Access Control System, Closed Circuit TV System, IT Telephony system, Data network, Wireless network, Data cabling (UTP), Fiber Optics (FOC), Environmental Monitoring System, Earthing system, Microwave System, Marine Radio System, IPTV System
- Assist in the coordination of the development of the engineering deliverables for the telecommunications scope throughout the Capital Project’s lifecycle. That includes, but is not limited to, the DCAF mandatory deliverables.
- Assist in the safe decommissioning of the construction telecom systems.
- Support in the handover of the Permanent Telecoms scope to the Asset Operations team (P2A), including SAT activities during commissioning and startup.
- Support the digitalization team to acquire the necessary site data (360-degree pictures, drone capture). Time-lapse Lapse Camera capture of the site at agreed frequency
- IT Support Specialist shall support in the validation of Telecoms installations in line with project scope
- IT support specialist is required to demonstrate visible understanding of all required standards as well as a personal commitment to health, safety,, and the environment.
Skills & Requirements:
- Previous experience as a field IT support engineer
- Working knowledge of the AD Group Policy-controlled environment is a must
- Previous exposure in a project engineering or discipline engineering role is also highly desirable.
- Past asset operations organization experience is also desirable.
- Knowledge of end-user computing hardware (laptops/desktops/printers/switches/accessories)
- ITIL Certification is an advantage
- Typical IT infrastructure and telecom solutions
- Regulatory environment in the IT/Telecoms space, industry, and technical standards.
- HSSE in Projects.
- Leadership and Interpersonal skills:
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Customer-focused and Service-oriented
- Effectively establishes and handles contacts with stakeholders of all types in the organization.
- Communicates effectively and understands the needs of non-technical internal clients.