- Job Description: MAIN FUNCTIONS
Maintain/build/apply competency in specific area of Marine supervision and champion development of nationals.
- Identify and assist in resolving Marine Advisor resource gaps in Function. Steward the development of core competencies in Marine discipline.
- Administer personnel resources in Marine discipline. Responsible for NPO marine vessel safety.
- Provide expert Marine consultation to function and project teams. Provide technical leadership for vulnerability and risk assessments. Coordinate interface with JVO Marine Dept., EMDC and NPO organizations.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities, Level 3:
• Secure marine warranty surveyor services
• Proactively manage NPO marine activities and vulnerabilities; develop and implement mitigation plans
• Identify and provide Functional and other Marine specialist resources to support installation teams.
• Support Contractor Development Advisor in specific area of marine vessel contractors
• Support (as requested) host country Content initiatives
• Support host country vessel contractor capacity assessment and improvement initiatives
• Maintain current knowledge of marine vessel contractor capabilities
• Develop / action initiatives to improve performance level of marine vessel inspections / mooring activities
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Marine or Civil Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
• High level of marine vessel knowledge, skill and experience
• Experience to include Master of Towing, AHT and PSV Vessels, Shore Side Marine Operations in Management of Vessels, Knowledge of all IMO and Class Requirements
• Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications