LOCATION: BONNY ISLAND – NIGERIA
WORK CYCLE: MONDAY-SATURDAY
PURPOSE & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The purpose of the role is to support with cost management services including preparation of cost estimates and evaluating/benchmarking of Contractor’s Variation Requests and Claims to aid the Project Leadership in making informed decisions at various value assurance gates, minimize successful contractual claims, achieve value for money, meet project’s objectives and ultimately contribute to achievement of Cost Leadership in the management of CAPEX and budget for the successful delivery of the project as per FID promise.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
Produce timely and quality cost estimates for budget planning, contracts screening and investment decisions in line with Project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to achieve value for money and Cost Leadership for the Project
Evaluate all Variation Requests from Contractor with a view to appropriately benchmarking all such claims from Contractor
Review and Benchmark Commercial tenders from all other contracts on the Project.
Translate identified contracts scope and deliverables into the estimate of capital expenditure costs (Type-3). Estimate composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours. Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances
Develop Estimate Basis to document how estimate was developed.
Provide input to Probabilistic Cost & Schedule Risk Analysis
Support the implementation of a robust AWP process and effective monitoring
Contribute to Estimating Data- Collect actual cost performance and benchmarking information
Perform uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks.
Contribute to close out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at the completion of work.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
A University degree or HND in Engineering or Sciences. Certification as a Cost Estimator/ Engineer will be an added advantage
· Minimum of 10 years post-graduation experience, 5 of which should be in estimator positions in either project Engineering /design / construction or project services activities in the Oil and Gas industry.
· Knowledge of Cost Estimating principles, techniques, and industry standard tools (AACEi)
· Skills in the use of PowerBI and other reporting tools
· Ability to work across international/cultural boundaries
· Strong team player with good communications and interpersonal skills
· Fluent in English, written and verbally. Other foreign languages are additional advantage